Founded in 1979, Macrete Ireland Ltd is at the forefront of the precast concrete engineering industry. Supplying materials and expertise to UK blue chip construction companies, Macrete Ireland Ltd are specialists in precast solutions for the sea defence, civil engineering, railway infrastructure, sports stadia and water and utility sectors.
Our vision is for our customers to see us as
- · A desirable business partner with safe and efficient processes
- · A leader in quality
- · Constantly innovating and expanding services
- · A business with highly ethical standards
- · Innovation – through actively seeking advancement in technology and product performance.
- · People - through teamwork and the development of our staff we will achieve operational excellence in our business.
- · Customers - understanding our customer’s needs and expectations and continually improving products and services.
- · We want to enlarge our knowledge and skill and continually improve every aspect of our work
- · Implement and operate effective management systems.
- · Seek opportunities to improve products, services and systems continually.
Based in Northern Ireland, the Company utilises a 45-acre site at Toomebridge, Co. Antrim. The manufacturing facilities include:
- · State of the art manufacturing machines and systems.
- · Modern batching plants with waste management systems.
- · A testing laboratory where thorough concrete strength analysis is carried out.
- · Moulding workshops and casting workshops exist with contemporary equipment.
- · A 250Kw wind turbine, which is used to supply the factory, with any excess power being exported to the grid.
- · A 50Kw solar PV array, which is used to supply the factory, with any excess power being exported to the grid.
- · Workshops are heated using a waste wood burner.
- · Water harvesting processes and facilities.
- · Low energy LED lighting fitted throughout the factory
- · Space is also available to allow for full trial builds of structures and for storage purposes.
- · We provide employment for in excess of 130 people. All personnel are competent, fully trained and supervised.
The Company is committed to maintaining the highest degree of integrity in all our dealings with potential, current and past clients, both in terms of normal commercial confidentiality, and the protection of all personal information received in the course of providing the business services concerned. We extend the same standards to all our customers, suppliers and associates.
The Company will always conduct our own services honestly and honourably, and expect our clients and suppliers to do the same. Our advice, strategic assistance and the methods imparted through our training, take proper account of ethical considerations, together with the protection and enhancement of the moral position of our clients and suppliers.
Duty of care
The Company’s actions and advice will always conform to relevant law, and we believe that all businesses and organizations should avoid causing any adverse effect on the human rights of people in the organizations we deal with, the local and wider environments, and the well-being of society at large.
Our prices are always competitive for what we provide, which is a high quality, bespoke manufacturing service. As such we do not generally offer arbitrary discounts. That said however we will always try to propose solutions which accommodate our clients' available budgets and timescales. We will agree our rates and schedule of additional charges clearly in advance, so that we and our clients can plan reliably for what lies ahead, and how it is to be achieved and financially justified.
The Company aims to be as flexible as possible in the way that our services our charged. However, we reserve the right to charge interest on late payments, so we expect payments to be made when agreed. Our terms are generally net monthly in arrears.
Intellectual property and moral rights
The Company retains the moral rights in, and ownership of, all intellectual property that we create unless agreed otherwise in advance with our clients. In return we respect the moral and intellectual copyright vested in our clients' intellectual property.
The Company maintains the quality of what we do through constant ongoing review with our clients, of all aims, activities, outcomes and the cost-effectiveness of every activity. We encourage regular review meetings and provide regular progress reports. The Company is accredited under a number of quality assurance and supply chain approval schemes. Further details are available on request.
The Company conducts all of our activities professionally and with integrity. We take great care to be completely objective in our judgments and any recommendations that we give, so that issues are never influenced by anything other than the best and proper interests of our clients.
Equality and discrimination
We always strive to be fair and objective in our advice and actions, and we are never influenced in our decisions, actions or recommendations by issues of gender, race, creed, colour, age or personal disability.